Friday, October 23, 2015

Why I Give: Michelle Wells



Michelle Wells is the lead physicist at Piedmont Cancer Center. Aside from making a difference in the lives of oncology patients, she is also passionate about making a difference in her community and in the lives of Girl Scouts.

Girl Scouts: Why do you give your time, talent and treasure to Girl Scouting?

Michelle Wells: Countless women have invested their time, talent, and treasure in my personal development. By participating in the Girl Scouts, I invest in the lives of young ladies while honoring those who have invested in me. It’s the simple concept of pay it forward.

GS: Why are you passionate about Girl Scouting? 

MW: My core passions are leadership and community. Girl Scout programs provide opportunities for young females to discover their passions. Passionate individuals become passionate leaders, and passionate leaders improve the lives of individuals and transform communities.

GS: Were you a Girl Scout growing up? If yes, what was your favorite part of scouting?

MW: I loved everything about the Girl Scouts. One of my fondest memories involves a genealogy project, where I completed etchings of grave stones with my mother.

GS: What's your favorite Girl Scout cookie?

MW: Thin Mints, of course!

Thank you so much, Michelle for being such a wonderful supporter of Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta!