Dear Girl Scouts,
In the past 24 hours, the World Health Organization has declared coronavirus a global pandemic, and it has become apparent that there is community transmission in the state of Georgia. As Girl Scouts, we have an obligation to our community to do all that we can to limit the spread of coronavirus, even if we as individuals are not at risk of serious illness. In response to these changing circumstances, we are taking the following steps:
· All camps are closed through March 31, 2020. We will issue refunds to all individuals and groups scheduled to attend programs and events through this date.
· All council-sponsored girl and volunteer programs, trainings and events are cancelled through March 31, 2020. We will issue refunds to all individuals and groups scheduled to attend programs, trainings and events through this date.
· We strongly recommend cancelling all troop meetings, service unit events and other volunteer-led programs through March 31, 2020.
· We are implementing a contingency plan for the Girl Scout Cookie Program that will extend the time when booth sales can take place to allow troops to sell their remaining inventory.
o Troops that wish to pick up additional cookies to fulfill existing orders can do so through the end of the day Friday, March 13, 2020.
o We strongly recommend that troops cancel booth sales previously scheduled for this weekend and through March 31, 2020.
o We will issue a separate communication specific to the Cookie Program with more details on changes to the program.
· No trips will be approved through March 31, 2020.
· All council staff are being instructed to work from home through March 31, 2020, except for staff needed to perform essential council functions. These staff will be scheduled on a staggered basis to limit potential contact.
· Badge & Sash stores are closed through March 31, 2020. Please shop online for any merchandise you need and receive free shipping with the code FREESHIP-GSGATL-320.
· Our helpline is open! You may still contact us with questions or concerns during regular helpline hours at email@example.com or 800-771-1139.
Thank you for doing your part to limit community transmission of coronavirus in Georgia. We will emerge stronger because of our collective action.
Yours in Girl Scouting,
Amy S. Dosik
CEO, Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta